The ‘Made in North Wales’ Social Prescribing Conference took place on 26th October 2017 at Theatr Clwyd in Mold. This was the third and biggest conference held by 2025 and proved extremely popular with over 170 people coming from across North Wales, and also as far afield as Cardiff, Preston in NW England and Derry in Northern Ireland.
The aims of the conference were to present case studies of emerging social prescribing good practice from across the North Wales region, and discuss as a collective the priorities and challenges for developing social prescribing activity moving forward.
The event, which was opened by Gary Doherty Chief Executive BCUHB , was supported in person by Vaughan Gething, Cabinet Secretary for Health and Social Services and also Cathy Madge from The Office of the Future Generations Commissioner. Delegates also heard from
- Dr Alison Hughes, Llangollen S.Wrexham GP & Cluster lead
- Sioned Larson, Health and Social Care Facilitator, Mantell Gwynedd
- Geraint Davies, BCUHB Cluster Lead – Conwy West
- Dr Tony Downes, Quay to Wellbeing, Social Trauma and Health
- Dr Ffion Williams & Peter Harrison, social prescribing in Prestatyn
- Eirias Parc: Partnership in Progress
The establishment of a North Wales Social Prescribing Network was a key outcome of the conference and over 70 people provided their contact details to join up.
You can read the full conference report here HERE
Be sure to receive news of the next steps in the development of the Network by signing up to database HERE